The Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools, guided by the spirit of the Diversified Learners Committee, is excited to announce our partnership and commitment in supporting the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games! Many of the ministries of the Archdiocese of Seattle are coming together to serve and be witness to this incredible, life-changing opportunity which promotes our mission of inclusion in our Catholic schools, parishes, and our broader communities. We thank the Fulcrum Foundation, Knights of Columbus – WA State Council and the Special Needs - Inclusion Ministry for their generous partnership! We invite families of all ages to come together and be a part of this holy moment!
Our Visibility … Our Solidarity... Our Volunteers...
Our 3 Day Commitment as an Archdiocese!
Choice 1: Friday, June 29: SEATAC INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT! It’s AIRPORT WELCOME DAY! We welcome athletes, coaches, cheer squads, and families to volunteer for 3 shifts to be Greeters, Baggage Claim Helpers and Baggage Carriers, and Hospitality Guides to the light rail station! Please help us welcome the Special Olympics athletes, their families, and delegates!
Choice 2: Saturday, June 30: 7:00 PM. MASS FOR THE ATHLETES, their families and friends, and delegations with Archbishop J. Peter Sartain on the University of Washington campus. We need volunteers to greet and provide hospitality support for this special moment.
Choice 3: Sunday, July 1: 9 AM to 12:30 PM – Join as Archdiocesan schools to build the mile long CHEER LINE to honor all Special Olympics athletes as they gather for the Parade of Athletes! Families who volunteer will have access into Opening Ceremony where you can stay and be Fans in the Stands at Opening Ceremony from 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM at University of Washington's Husky Stadium, where there will be the Parade of Athletes, entertainment, and the Lighting of the Special Olympics Cauldron to open the 2018 USA Games!
For frequently asked questions regarding volunteering, click here.
Sign Up to Volunteer
1. Click the blue box above to begin the registration process
2. Click the purple box that reads "Click Here to Volunteer With Us!"
3. Select the blue box "Companies and Groups"
4. In the upper left corner under "Activity Selector", enter your unique Access Code and click "unlock"
5. Once your group name appears, click on the blue plus sign to expose the positions available
6. Select the shift that works for your schedule
7. Select a Volunteer Training session (required)
8. Click "Next" using the green box to the right
9. On the the next page, enter your email address, name and password in the "Create an Account" fields
10. Click "Register" to finalize your registration!