The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games are coming to Seattle from July 1-6. Our city will host more than 4,000 athletes and coaches representing Special Olympics delegations from every state and the District of Columbia. The Games will be hosted at various venues around the Puget Sound and the Opening Ceremony, which will take place at Husky Stadium on July 1, will be televised live by ESPN on ABC.
Team Washington is gearing up for the competition across 14 different sports. Team EY will be following Team Washington more closely as Frannie Ronan, Mike Ronan's youngest daughter, will be competing in gymnastics. At just 8 years old, she will be the youngest athlete to compete in the Games. Go, Frannie, go!
Join us and volunteer for the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games and create a legacy of inclusion for our office and our city! Our goal is to get 100 EYers, family, and friends to volunteer at the Bocce event hosted at the University of Washington on Tuesday, July 3!
As many of you may have heard, we as EY employees will receive the week of July 4th off to celebrate 20 consecutive years on the Fortune 100’s Best Companies to Work For! A huge reason of why EY is a great place to work is due to the culture of Diversity and Inclusion! What better way to continue bringing this to life than joining us in volunteering at the first ever Special Olympics USA Games in Washington!
On Tuesday, July 3, EYers, family, and friends will be an integral part of making Bocce a success for the Special Olympic athletes. Join in the excitement and be in the middle of the action as a flag holder, scorer, or line judge… or play a more supportive role and help with food and beverage! Whatever you chose to do, plan to work alongside your colleagues and cheer on the athletes at Dempsey Indoor Center!
Sign Up to Volunteer
ACCESS CODE: EY2018
How to Register
ACCESS CODE - EY2018
1. Click "Register Here" on the photo above
2. Click the purple box that reads "Click Here to Volunteer With Us!"
3. Select the blue box "Access Coded Companies and Groups"
4. In the upper left corner under "Activity Selector", enter your unique Access Code and click "unlock"
5. Once your group name appears, click on the blue plus sign to expose the positions available
6. Select the shift that works for your schedule (remember to check with a supervisor if necessary)
7. Select a Volunteer Training session (required)
8. Click "Next" using the green box to the right
9. On the the next page, enter your email address, name and password in the "Create an Account" fields
10. Click "Register" to finalize your registration!