The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games kicks off July 1 in Seattle and continues through July 6. Microsoft is proud to be the premier sponsor of this event, which showcases the talents of athletes with intellectual disabilities and promotes the ideals of acceptance and inclusion through sport.
Special Olympics and Microsoft have a shared belief that individuals, organizations, and communities are stronger when everyone can contribute their talents and skills. The 2018 Special Olympics Games provides an opportunity for each of us to examine our assumptions and take action collectively to create more inclusive communities. Together, we are more.
More than 10,000 volunteers are needed to help make the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games a success. Become a volunteer and be included in this life-changing experience.
Help participants feel supported and welcomed by volunteering in the Opening Ceremony or cheering athletes on in the stands with your co-workers, friends, and family.
If you’re interested in volunteering with the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games, please click the Register Here button and follow the instructions below.
Double your impact with Microsoft's match!
Match-eligible employee volunteering is defined as gifts of time, labor, or expertise in support of community initiatives that happen during personal time, all of which are matched by the company $25-per-hour to eligible organizations.
Volunteer hours that take place for Special Olympics on Saturday, June 30, Sunday, July 1, and Wednesday, July 4 are eligible for a match by Microsoft. All other volunteer work must occur during personal time to qualify for the match.
Visit our frequently asked questions page for more information about Microsoft’s volunteer program.
ACCESS CODE - MICROSOFT2018
1. Click "Register Here" on the photo above
2. Click the purple box that reads "Click Here to Volunteer With Us!"
3. Select the blue box "Access Coded Companies and Groups"
4. In the upper left corner under "Activity Selector", enter your unique Access Code and click "unlock"
5. Once your group name appears, click on the blue plus sign to expose the positions available
6. Select the shift that works for your schedule (remember to check with a supervisor if necessary)
7. Select a Volunteer Training session (required)
8. Click "Next" using the green box to the right
9. On the next page, enter your email address, name and password in the "Create an Account" fields
10. Click "Register" to finalize your registration!
For more information on how to register to volunteer, watch the video below.