Please consider volunteering for the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
What better way to live out our core values of Compassion, Collaboration, and Fun than volunteering at the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games! Parametrix is a Bronze Medal Partner of the USA Games and this is a wonderful opportunity to truly make a difference.
From greeting athletes at the airport, working behind the scenes, or helping at a competition, please consider volunteering. Ask your family and friends to join in the fun! (Just share this volunteer site with them.) If you have kids in high school, they can earn community service hours. Volunteers must be 15 years old.
The USA Games will feature 14 sporting competitions located around the Greater Seattle area as well as Opening and Closing Ceremonies, a Fan Zone, and a 4th of July celebration.
Parametrix will pay for your time (up to 16 hours per volunteer during the normal business week) until we reach the cap of hours committed to Special Olympics. These hours are limited, and requests will be generally approved in the order they are received. Of course, if you want to take vacation and volunteer on your own time, that is encouraged as well.
Employees volunteering will not be reimbursed for travel expenses.
How to Volunteer
Please check with your supervisor first to make sure any client commitments will be covered. Just click on the link below to sign up to volunteer! If you want to make sure that your time will be paid for prior to signing up to volunteer, please email SOVolunteers@parametrix.com for approval.
Once you have signed up, please forward your confirmation from Special Olympics to SOVolunteers@parametrix.com.
If you have any questions, you can email SOVolunteers@parametrix.com.
Sign Up to Volunteer
How to Register
ACCESS CODE - PARAMETRIX2018
1. Click "Register Here" on the photo above
2. Click the purple box that reads "Click Here to Volunteer With Us!"
3. Select the blue box "Companies and Groups"
4. In the upper left corner under "Activity Selector", enter your unique Access Code and click "unlock"
5. Once your group name appears, click on the blue plus sign to expose the positions available
6. Select the shift that works for your schedule (remember to check with a supervisor if necessary)
7. Select a Volunteer Training session (required)
8. Click "Next" using the green box to the right
9. On the next page, enter your email address, name and password in the "Create an Account" fields
10. Click "Register" to finalize your registration!