The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games will be held in Seattle from July 1 – 6, 2018. Seattle will lay out the welcome mat and open its heart to over 4,000 athletes, their families and spectators for the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games. I am proud to say that the Sheraton Seattle will be the Official Honored Guest Hotel. With this designation comes an opportunity for all of us to share in this once in a lifetime experience.
Over 10,000 volunteers will be needed to make these games a success. We have an opportunity to participate as the official Honored Guest Hotel Partner. This includes amazing experiences for our associates and their families to participate in very special ways. Some of the activities include hosting a Fan Zone at Husky Stadium, welcoming athletes and families at the airport, and signing up for the “Fans in the Stands” program.
Volunteer Opportunities for Sheraton Seattle Hotel Associates, Families and Friends - Summer 2018
As the sponsor hotel, we have first priority in selecting volunteer opportunities!
The Sheraton Seattle has committed large groups of volunteers for several different activities including: airport greeters, cheering at the Opening Ceremony, staffing information booths in the Fan Zone, as well as Fans in the Stands for athletic events on July 3rd. Our goal is to provide a combined total of 100-150 volunteers including our associates, families and their friends. This could be a good way for your kids to earn community service hours!
- If you know that you will be able to volunteer, go ahead and sign up on this website now.
- If your schedule is uncertain, but you would like to commit to volunteer, please include your name on the sign-up roster in Human Resources. As a reminder, please be sure to check with your manager for availability as the date gets closer.
- Associates are encouraged to participate as business levels and schedules permit.
- If your manager authorizes time away from a scheduled shift to volunteer, we will pay you for that time, otherwise this will be considered a gift of your personal time to an important cause.
- For your convenience, the Sheraton Seattle will provide round trip transportation vouchers for volunteers on the Link Light Rail from Westlake to UW/Husky Stadium stations.
- As a thank you for volunteering, participant names will be entered into a drawing for fun prizes at the conclusion of the USA Games. Winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
- Thank you in advance for representing the Sheraton Seattle at the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games!
Sign Up to Volunteer
How to Register
ACCESS CODE - SHERATON2018
1. Click "Register Here" on the photo above
2. Click the purple box that reads "Click Here to Volunteer With Us!"
3. Select the blue box "Access Coded Companies and Groups"
4. In the upper left corner under "Activity Selector", enter your unique Access Code and click "unlock"
5. Once your group name appears, click on the blue plus sign to expose the positions available
6. Select the shift that works for your schedule (remember to check with a supervisor if necessary)
7. Select a Volunteer Training session (required)
8. Click "Next" using the green box to the right
9. On the next page, enter your email address, name and password in the "Create an Account" fields
10. Click "Register" to finalize your registration!
For more information on how to register to volunteer, watch the video below.