Calling All Wizards! Volunteer at the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games are coming to Seattle! Hasbro is a Bronze Medal Partner of the USA Games and we are inviting all you and your families to volunteer to help make a difference.
From greeting athletes at the airport, working behind the scenes, or helping at a competition, please consider volunteering. Ask your family and friends to join in the fun! (Just share this volunteer site with them.) If you have kids in high school, they can earn community service hours. Volunteers must be 15 years old.
The USA Games will feature 14 sporting competitions located around the Greater Seattle area as well as Opening and Closing Ceremonies, a Fan Zone with different Hasbro and Wizards-themed activations, and a 4th of July celebration.
As part of the “BE FEARLESS BE KIND” philanthropic initiative, Hasbro is the Presenting Sponsor of the Youth Leadership Experience at the Games. The Youth Leadership Experience will bring together high school students from across the U.S., with and without intellectual disabilities, for a week of volunteering and training on how to be agents of change within their schools and communities.
Wizards of the Coast/Team Hasbro Volunteer Benefit
Through Team Hasbro, all Wizards and Hasbro employees are given the benefit of spending four hours of paid time off each month to volunteer with children or with a child focused (birth through age 18) organization.
In order to qualify for the paid time away from work, volunteer activities must be approved by you manager. This benefit is only available for full time employees. Please contact your manager for approval if you are an intern, part time, contracted, union or temporary employee.
How to Volunteer
Please check with your manager first to make sure they are aware. Just click on the link below to sign up to volunteer!
If you have any questions, you can email TeamHasbro@hasbro.com
How to Register
ACCESS CODE - WIZARDS2018
1. Click "Register Here" on the photo above
2. Click the purple box that reads "Click Here to Volunteer With Us!"
3. Select the blue box "Access Coded Companies and Groups"
4. In the upper left corner under "Activity Selector", enter your unique Access Code and click "unlock"
5. Once your group name appears, click on the blue plus sign to expose the positions available
6. Select the shift that works for your schedule (remember to check with a supervisor if necessary)
7. Select a Volunteer Training session (required)
8. Click "Next" using the green box to the right
*9. On the next page, enter your email address, name and password in the "Create an Account" fields
10. Click "Register" to finalize your registration!